Freitag, 4. Mai 2012

To the Sun & the Moon - a Super8 Film



For the first time I had an experience in filming with super 8 material during my trip from Vancouver, Canada to South Dakota, USA. One of the reasons for this trip was to fullfill my selfpromis to my deceased Dad, in which I continued the procedure of spreading a little piece of ashes to the favourite place of the deceased one. He did it for my mom as she died in October 2000 and after his death in 2008 I felt that I had to do the same thing for him. At this time he was quite enthusiastic about the history of the indians in north america. But unfortunatly his health and his enormous fear of flying prevented him from getting to this places like the battlefield of Little Bighorn or the holy place of the Black Mountains with the Crazy Horse Memorial.
So as the opportunity appeared to me and my girlfriend, who is currently studying abroad in Canada, we drove all the way from Vancouver via Little Bighorn to the Black Hills.
As a result, here you can see that though all the years, 8mm films have still the talent to change a trip that actually took place in 2012 into a 1970´s look. . Have fun!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen